Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:38 am
The Graduate position sits in the Ringtail team, part of FTI Consulting’s Technology practice.
As part of the London based team, the Graduate will be cross-trained in various e-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects.
What will you do?
You will be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. This could involve:
• Liaising with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations
• Planning and executing electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
• Utilising industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic
• evidence sources
• Assuming responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
• Co-ordinating closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements
• Being customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
• Traveling as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
What we are looking for?
If you have, or are expecting a first or upper second class degree and are looking for a career in a firm that will give you the opportunities to succeed, then we encourage you to apply.
More specifically, you should have:
• 2:1 degree in law or a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience.
• Strong A levels in numerical subjects
• Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems and software, possibly having some experience of working in a computer forensics, e-Discovery or technology related role or university project
• Technically savvy with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Knowledge of any document review management application like Ringtail Legal, Relativity, Concordance, Summation or Introspect (desirable)
• A good understanding of transact SQL and relational databases (desirable)
• Knowledge of data manipulation, data conversion, and data analysis activities in a SQL database and MS Access (desirable)
• Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes) (desirable)
• Knowledge of programming (C++, Java, Visual Basic, PERL) (desirable)
• Self developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
• Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion
• Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role
• Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team